Maine’s Statewide Crisis Line: 1-888-568-1112 (call or text)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Trevor Project LGBTQ Crisis Line: 1-866-488-7386
Statewide (Maine) Domestic Abuse Helpline: 1-866-834-HELP
Statewide (Maine) Domestic Abuse Helpline (Deaf or Hard of Hearing): 1-800-437-1220
Maine Coalition Against Sexual Assault Helpline: 1-800-871-7741
Essential Community Services: 211
Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Resources for Interacting with Separating, Divorcing, Never-Married Parents and Their Children.
- A site that encourages staying in touch with your kids through the internet.
Family and Community Mediation (FCM)
– Meets the demand for affordable mediation services in Maine.
GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD)
- An advocate for family law efforts for LGBTQ individuals in the New England states, with a goal of continuing to strengthen LGBTQ families and make certain they are legally secure.
Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project (ILAP)
– As Maine’s only state-wide immigration legal services organization, ILAP advances justice and equity for immigrants and their families through direct legal services, community education, and systemic advocacy.
Kids Free to Grow
– Child Abuse Prevention Council for York County
Maine Association of Mediators (MAM)
– MAM is a member-run organization dedicated to educating the public about the benefits of mediation and provides mediator directory.
Maine Behavioral Healthcare
- Portland-based agency that provides counseling services, parenting education, child abuse prevention and treatment, marriage and family therapy programs, youth development and mental health services.
Maine Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MeCASA)
– The Maine Coalition Against Sexual Assault is organized to end sexual violence and to support high-quality sexual violence prevention and response in Maine communities.
Maine Coalition to End Domestic Violence (MCEDV)
- Seeking to create and encourage a social, political, and economic environment that fosters communities where the diversity, dignity, and contributions of all are respected and celebrated, and domestic abuse and violence no longer exist.
Maine Judicial Branch
- Provides information about the courts in Maine, including the Family Division.
Maine Resilience Building Network (MRBN)
- Promotes resilience in all people by increasing the understanding of the impacts of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) and the importance of building resilience through protective factors such as positive relationships.
National Family Resiliency Center, Inc.
- A national information site for families going through separation and divorce.
The Opportunity Alliance
- The Community Action Agency for Cumberland County (Maine). OA offers multiple integrated community based and clinical programs, including parent education programs and support.
Through These Door (TTD)
- Working to end domestic violence in Cumberland County, Maine, since 1977.
Parent & Family
- A free bi-monthly publication and online newsletter dedicated to helping Maine families by covering family-friendly events, ongoing support and play groups and a broad range of editorial topics that center around families and children.
Pine Tree Legal Assistance (PLA)
- Provides free legal services to low-income Maine people. Their website provides a lot of useful information about Maine law including copies of court forms.
Up To Parents
- Home of Parents Commitments to Children of Divorce - an interactive website that encourages parents to put their conflict aside for the sake of their children.
Volunteer Lawyers Project (VLP)
- Increasing access to justice in Maine through volunteer engagement.
If you'd like to learn more about our programs or to apply for financial assistance, please email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at
207-761-2709. Need-based scholarships for Maine residents are made possible, in part, by a grant from the Maine Judicial Branch. The Kids First Center's goal is to make its programming affordable for all parents, children, and allies regardless of financial hardship.