Board of Directors and Advisory Council Members
The Kids First Center relies heavily on volunteers to accomplish its mission. Over sixty individuals contribute to our success on an ongoing basis. Our volunteer Board of Directors consists of the following leaders in the Greater Portland community:
Board of Directors
Kids First Center Staff
Interim Executive Director
Admin. Asst./Marketing Assoc.
Awards and Recognition
- FAMILY LAW ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: This 2010 Maine Bar Association award was conferred on the facilitators and administrators of the Kids First Program for Parents in High Conflict, a program of the Kids First Center, for their "extraordinary leadership, professionalism and service to Maine Families."
- BEST OF PORTLAND: Kids First was awarded this honor by Proactive Resources and the Portland Phoenix in 2010 in honor of our support of families of separation and divorce.
- ANNUAL FAMILY LAW ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: This award was conferred on the Kids First Center by the Maine Bar Association on January 22, 1999. It recognized the Center's "extraordinary service to the children and families of the State of Maine."
- AGENCY OF THE YEAR AWARD: This was awarded to the Kids First Center by the National Association of Social Workers in 1999.
- COMMUNITY IMPACT MERIT AWARD: In 2000, this award was given to the Center "in recognition of outstanding achievement" by The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. and the BMW Corporation.
- UNITED WAY PARTNER AGENCY: The United Way of Greater Portland has provided funding for the Kids Support Groups since our first application in 1999. Each year the volunteers on the Community Investment Review Committee review our application for funds. We deeply appreciate United Way's recognition of the important work we do.
- EXEMPLARY COURT PROGRAMS AND PRACTICES: Two of our programs - Kids First for Stepparents and Kids First for Women - were selected by the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC) to be listed in their 2005 publication, Exemplary Court Programs and Practices.