JOBS & VOLUNTEERS
About Kids First
The Kids First Center is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization founded in 1998 whose mission is to support children during and after the separation or divorce of their parents. By providing workshops for children, co-parenting education for parents, and professional education to the legal and mental health communities, Kids First makes a real difference by creating long-term positive outcomes for children whose parents are living apart. We have guided more than 70,000 children and parents through our programs for more than 20 years, and we seek to expand our sustainability and reach going forward.
The Associate Director reports to the Executive Director and, working with her, will help guide the creation and execution of a strategic development plan that will generate an optimal income mix and optimal revenues to support the mission of the agency. He or she will also be responsible for managing day-to-day oversight of the agency’s programs and administration, and will manage the daily activities of two part-time staff and several key grant-writing, bookkeeping, and internet technology support consultants.
The position is full time.
• 10 years of experience in nonprofit management.
• A Bachelor's Degree in liberal arts, or the equivalent in education and work experience, or another post-graduate degree.
• The ability to get up-to-speed quickly on a fast-moving, well supported organization that has successfully provided critical services to more than 70,000 parents and children since it was founded 20 years ago;
• A consequent strong understanding of the dynamics and flow of Kids First organizationally and programmatically;
• A passion for social service programming of the first order, and a commitment to working with underserved populations;
• Strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to use reasoning and words to nurture a unifying environment;
• Significant and broad development experience marked by quantifiable success;
• Skilled donor cultivation and stewardship
• Donor-relations management using GiftWorks or other donor-relations software.
• Organizational change management experience or insight;
• A collaborative, team-building management and supervisory approach;
• The ability to help lead a budget-creation process and to track the budget during the current fiscal year, as well as the ability to identify year-over-year trends, opportunities, and challenges.
Key Assignments for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019
• Advance Kids First’s online programming initiative
• Identify and secure targeted event sponsorships with the Executive Director
• Work with the Interim Executive Director to improve the agency’s income mix and to boost income generation
• Assist the Interim Executive Director with the completion of an internal and external organizational assessment, and with an executive search for the next right permanent Executive Director as part of a successful leadership transition.
This is a wonderful opportunity, with real growth potential, for the right candidate.
Please submit a cover letter, a current resume, and your salary history (all in Word format) by email to Mary Fifield, interim Executive Director of Kids First, at email@example.com and at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, please answer the following question and submit it with your application package:
If you encounter technical difficulty when submitting your application, please call Kids First Center’s Admin. Associate, Caesy Bartlett, at 207-761-2709. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply as soon as possible; applications will be reviewed as they are received. Application packages must be received by Friday, October 12.
The Kids First Center is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, please to go www.kidsfirstcenter.org.